When writing in this class, I ask that you use headings within your writings that correspond with the rubric that I am grading from. For example, if the Weekly Discussion has four sections to respond to, then please use these four headings in your post and put your responses under each heading. Or if your paper has six rubric sections to answer about, then have six headings in your paper and put the information below these headings.
I have found that it makes it easier for the both of us and it improves my student’s grades exponentially. Also, less is missed because you can see if you have completed each and every section of the rubric and I will know where to find your answers that correspond.
Support your answers with examples and research. Your responses should clarify your understanding of the topic. They should be your own—original and free from plagiarism. Follow APA guidelines for writing style, spelling and grammar, and citation of sources.
Health behavior is the activity undertaken by a person who believes him or herself to be healthy for the purpose of preventing health problems (Kasl and Cobb, 1966). Healthy lifestyles, in turn, are ways of living that promote good health and longer life expectancy.
- How does a healthy lifestyle promote good health and a longer life expectancy? Justify your answer with examples and reasoning.
- Suggest and then briefly explain two theories that support this viewpoint.
- What are the various activities involved in maintaining a healthy lifestyle?
The work of Weber and Bourdieu contributed to a model of health lifestyle formulated by Cockerham.
- What are the various components of this model?
- How effective is this model in the study of healthy behavior and a healthy lifestyle in the present day?
Submit your answers in a three- to four-page Microsoft Word document.
Name your document: SUO_HSC2010_W2_A2_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.
Cite your sources using the correct APA format on a separate page. Must have less than 25% on turnitin!!!