Building Research Skills
Literature research skills take time to develop and will evolve as you move through the program. This is your opportunity to share your ideas about preparing for your success as a graduate learner.
After completing the steps outlined in the study activities in this unit, use this discussion post to reflect on your scores obtained from the Knowledge Assessment and Confidence Assessment.
- Your search process in locating articles: how did you begin your search process and how did you determine your key words?
- The research and information literacy skills you learned from the library’s RAILS resource.
- The research strengths you identified for yourself.
- The areas you identified as challenges.
- How you might address your challenges as you prepare for graduate learning.
As you write, please give specific examples from your approach and support your advice with references to the resource Library Research & Information Literacy Skills.